Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A side note

I just thought about something as I wrote the previous post today. It might be a bit off topic but connected to the topic nevertheless. Here are some reasons for abortion and they are very valid I must say:



  • Birth control (contraceptive) failure. Over half of all women who have an abortion used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant
  • Inability to support or care for a child.
  • To end an unwanted pregnancy.
  • To prevent the birth of a child with birth defects or severe medical problems. Such defects are often unknown until routine second-trimester tests are done.
  • Pregnancy resulting from rape or incest.
  • Physical or mental conditions that endanger the woman's health if the pregnancy is continued.
One thing comes to my mind though. All these are good reasons to abort a pregnancy but let's think about something for a moment.

There are a lot of excellent reasons to commit murder, very valid reasons in different circumstances but does that justify the act? If someone you love is murdered and the one who committed the act is not remorseful or repentent at all about the act, and you are bitter about it and feel justified to take the law into your hands, does that change the act of murder itself? You have killed with the intention of revenge and might be justified at it but does that make the act right because you were justified in how you felt about? Vengeance is a valid reason but it does not make the act right at all, as is written;

[19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
[20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
[21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:19-21.

I'm hoping that as we look at this issue of vengeance, it might shed more light on the issue of abortion. Just as it might be just to take vengeance into our hands or for the perpetrator of murder to pay for their deed, does it make the act right in itself? All these reasons are justifiable reasons to have an abortion but is it up to us to decide if another should live or die? All the above reasons for abortion are good reasons to have it done but so are those who feel justified that a murderer should pay for their deeds. But is it really up to us to decide in both cases, and to take matters into our own hands? I'm not here to say is either one right or wrong but to have us to think about these things for a moment. Just as vengeance is the Lord's, He gets to decide if one should live or not since He is the giver and taker of life, ultimately.

[21] And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. Job 1:21.

[28] For in him we live, and move, and have our being; Acts 17:28.

HE is the giver and taker of life, and in Him we live, move and have our being. Some say that a baby who has just started developing in the womb is not really a soul but according to the following verses it is:

[15] Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb? Job 31:15.

[9] But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
[
10] I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. Psalms 22:9, 10.

[13] For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13.

[2] Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee;...Isaiah 44:2

[3] Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
[
4] And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. Isaiah 46:3, 4.

[4] Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
[
5] Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Jeremiah 1:4, 5.

These are just some verse to show that God who creates us knows us from the womb before we are born. He who creates us and sustains us in the womb should be the one who gets to decide our fates. 

Just some food for thought. I understand that this is a big topic but i would like us to dwell on what the Word says about these issues. His counsel is always the best. Just as we leave justifiable vengeance to Him, let us leave whether an unborn baby dies or lives to Him also.




No comments:

Post a Comment